Sunday, July 29, 2012

This Land is Calling my Name

Well here we are).  All packed.  well, nearly. I mean technically most of my clothes are still in the laundry...and my bag is already full. Oh dear. I'll manage. It'll all fit somehow.  It always does. I'm uncertain right now of my emotions towards this trip. I don't think I understand that this is really happening.  Seems like I'm dreaming and need to hurry and wake up before this awesome real life adventure takes place! How can anyone ever be ready for a Holy Land? How could I ever have studied enough? At the same time, I've read about this my whole life. I'm going to the homeland of a dearest friend-in fact, a lover. And I'm going to learn about where He grew up and the places He always talks about, visit His favourite little hide-away spots on earth and for once feel like I'm a part of those stories because I'm where He was and now it's real to me. I want the Lord to share with me what this place means to Him. I want to see His heart and know the depths of how Israel moves Him.  I won't. I may hope for a glimpse, but I can't handle the whole of it I'm nearly certain. I feel entirely too unprepared, though I'm told I'm not. I don't want to forget a single thing, though I will. I want to realize the significance of each and everything, and I just quite simply won't. I want to be more ready for the Holy Land, but I'll never be ready enough. This is my time, this is my present state, and this is the grandest opportunity of which I am about to partake.   This Land is Calling My Name. Perhaps I'll wake up tomorrow morning ready for this adventure-this grand, grand land. :) Surely. Well that's more than deep enough for tonight, I'm certain! Prayers for me, the trip, those journeying with me, and travels would be much appreciated! My flights leaves bright and early! First New York, the Newark, NJ.

1 comment:

  1. "his favourit little hideaway spots on earth." The land he wants to take under His wing. The land that He loves. His true chosen people. You make me see it. Holy Land. Your grandest opportunity. Every moment be your finest. As my Asian roommate would say, "To Glory!"

    ReplyDelete